It’s summertime and the livin’s easy…or maybe not, if this will be the summer when you’re trying to sell your North Georgia home! It’s a fact that summer buyers tend to be well-motivated buyers. Or they may be jamming activity between vacations, backyard BBQ’s and (especially recently) just trying to stay cool. In other words, they also may be distracted buyers.
Luckily, there are reliable basics you as a homeowner can help best position your home for a successful summertime sale:
- Mow the Lawn Twice a Week – everything grows faster in the summer!
- Create Summer Curb Appeal – colorful flowers in beds and planters.
- Decorate with Summer Accents – bright accents in tropical colors to evoke coveted vacation days.
- Bring the Light Inside – It may be bright outside, but make sure inside can match up to the cheery light outside. Lights should always be turned on for showings and opens.
- Have Flexible Showing Hours – You’re busy—but so are your buyers. When your home is on the market, it’s up to you to make it as easy to show as possible.
- Move Furniture Outside – Sell the dream of outdoor living!
- Offer Summer Beverages and Snacks. – Ice cold or sparkling lemonade are always crown pleasers (and unlikely to stain the furniture).
If you’re readying to sell your home, I’m here with tips year-round to help set you up for success. Call me anytime!